There are lots of castles and fortifications to discover across the TUI Lakes & Mountains destinations. From isolated lookouts to fairytale fancies, here are some favourites that are ready and waiting for you to explore.
Scaliger Castle, Sirmione, Lake Garda
Take a stroll around the 12th-century fortification walls of the Scaliger Castle in Sirmione. It’s right on the waterfront and affords fabulous views across Lake Garda.
- 26th May 2018, Dublin to Verona, 3-star Hotel Mirabello, Sirmione, bed & breakfast, seven nights from €643pps.
Bled Castle, Bled, Slovenia
Thought to be the oldest château in Slovenia, Bled Castle sits high above the lake with panoramic views across the water and surrounding hills. Visit the museum to see demonstrations of traditional crafts including the blacksmiths and printmaking.
- 30th May 2018, Dublin to Salzburg, 3-star Hotel Jelovica, Bled, half-board, seven nights from €709pps.
Kufstein Fortress, Kufstein, Austria
Take a ride on the Festungsbahn, the funicular railway that links the Kufstein Fortress with the town below. The Fortress is home to the world’s largest open-air organ, the ‘Heroes Organ’, which can be heard throughout the city.
- 22nd August 2018, Dublin to Salzburg, 3-star Hotel Edelweiss, Kitzbhul, half-board, seven nights from €889pps.
Chillon Castle, Montreux, Switzerland
This rugged castle is situated on its own island overlooking Lake Geneva. There are plenty of events and activities happening here throughout the summer, including a free guided tour that gives you a sneak peek into its interesting history.
- 5th June 2018, Dublin to Geneva, 4-star Hotel Golf Rene Capt, Montreux, half-board, seven nights from €1,265pps
APRIL DEALS FROM €319pps:
- 5th April 2018, Dublin to Gran Canaria, 3-star Cay Beach Princess Bungalows, Maspalomas, self-catering, seven nights from €399pps
- 6th April 2018, Dublin to Tenerige, 2-star Laguna Park II, Playa de las Americas, self-catering, sdven nights from €319pps
- 8th April 2018, Dublin to Lanzarote, 2-star Lanzarote Paradise Club, Costa Teguise, self-catering, seven nights from €319pps
- 30th March 2018 Dublin to Tenerife, 3-star Hotel Catalonia Las Vegas, Puerto de la Cruz, half-board, 14 nights from €499pps
- 29th April 2018, Dublin to Lanzarote, 2-star San Marcial, Matagorda, self-catering, eight nights from €399pps
ALL-INCLUSIVE IN MEXICO FROM €1,519:
- 11th June 2018, Dublin to Mexico, 3-star Riu Lupita, Playacar, all-inclusive, 14 nights from €1,519pps
- 11th June 2018, Dublin to Mexico, 4-star Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, all-inclusive, 14 nights from €4,229 (2+1)
SUMMER 2018 OFFERS FROM €389pps:
- 14th May 2018, Dublin to Lanzarote, 2-star Lanzarote Paradise, Costa Tequise, self-catering, seven nights from €389pps
- 10th May 2018, Dublin to Gran Canaria, 3-star Cala d’Or Apartments, Puerto Rico, self-catering, seven nights from €419pps
- 11th May 2018, Dublin to Tenerife, 3-star The Harbour Club, Los Gigantes, self-catering, seven nights from €399pps
- 12th May 2018, Cork to Majorca, 3-star Globales Condes De Alcudia, Alcudia, all-inclusive, seven nights from €429pps
- 12th May 2018, Shannon to Majorca, 3-star Ferrer Isabel, Cala Bona, half-board, seven nights from €449pps
- 22nd June 2018, Ireland West Airport Knock to Majorca, 3-star Globales Hotel Santa Ponsa Park/Pionero, Santa Ponsa, all-inclusive, seven nights from €629pps
FULL-BOARD CRUISE FROM TENERIFE FROM €749pps:
Plenty of space and a brilliant selection of facilities – that’s what you can expect onboard the Marella Dream. The restaurants, lounges and bars have been treated to a stylish makeover. As for the entertainment, plush show lounge sets the scene for glam West End-style shows and comedy acts. Elsewhere, there is plenty of room for live music and daytime games for the whole family. Sail from Tenerife and take in Gran Canaria, La Palma Madeira, Morocco and Lanzarote.
- 13th April 2018, Dublin to Tenerife, Marella Dream – Colourful Coasts, Deck 6/7/10 Inside Cabin, full-board, seven nights from €749pps.