Dublin-based destination management company Advantage DMC has a job vacancy for a creative Event Project Manager with two years’ relevant commercial experience, preferably in Ireland.
Advantage DMC is one of the leading Destination Management Companies in Ireland and, due to continued growth, has an opportunity for an experienced Event Project Manager to join its award-winning team. The Advantage Group operates under a number of brands: advantage dmc, advantage pco, advantage events, and, previously, advantage ico.
* Proactive servicing of overseas accounts, primarily within the corporate meeting and incentive markets but also looking after particular DMC-related aspects of international association conference business and domestic corporate accounts if/when required.
* Participation in proactive and reactive account management activities including but not limited to:
– React to leads generated by sales agents – key feeder markets will be European and new and developing markets such as South Africa and Brazil
– Overseas tradeshows and promotions with Fáilte Ireland and/or Tourism Ireland
– Participation in client events such as site inspections.
– Familiarisation trips
– Presentations to clients
* Provide monthly reports for leads and business acquired.
* Close working relationship with clients and suppliers externally and the account management team internally, including supervision of junior members of the team if required.
* Creating and developing business winning proposals and budgets for clients.
* Operating client events as required.
* Working on other events the company is managing as required.
* Other responsibilities as identified by company management.
* You will report to the Managing Director and/or other members of management as advised.
Skill Set Requirements
– Creativity, innovation and flexibility are essential
– Team player but also ability to work on your own
– Excellent organisational skills
– Meticulous attention to detail and capacity to manage several projects at the same time and to work to deadlines
– Understanding of the Irish business tourism product
– Two years’ relevant commercial experience in a DMC, PCO or Event Management Company, preferably in Ireland
– MS Office
– Fluency in at least one continental European language preferred
– Third level education
– Full driving license
– Right of abode in EU essential
Salary and benefits commensurate with level of experience
Send your CV and cover letter explaining suitability for the role, in strictest confidence, by email to email@example.com