Aer Lingus today, Wednesday 9th July 2014, moved its operations to Terminal 2 at London Heathrow, known as ‘The Queen’s Terminal’. From today all Aer Lingus flights to and from London Heathrow will operate from Terminal 2.
A total of 48 flights per day; 24 departing and 24 arriving flights
- To four destinations; Dublin, Cork, Shannon and Belfast City airports
Customers will enjoy many new benefits ensuring the best possible experience when travelling to and from Heathrow including;
- Shorter walking distances – a 50% reduction in gate to kerb time
- Increased transfer opportunities and quicker transfer times – transferring to other flights will be seamless and same terminal connections will be possible with a number of Aer Lingus partner airlines including United Airlines and Air Canada
- Arriving into T2 will be quick and easy with direct access to all of the transport links, including Heathrow Express, meaning Paddington Station can be reached in just 15 minutes
- Check-in is conveniently located inside the main departures area in Zone C
Aer Lingus Business Class and Gold Circle customers will enjoy Gold Circle check-in and fast track security facilities and a brand new state-of-the-art Gold Circle lounge.
- The Gold Circle Lounge will be 50% larger than the current lounge at Heathrow and has been designed to the highest levels of comfort and style
- A special feature of the new lounge is the 5 metre high external glass wall offering relaxing views of the airfield
- The lounge offers some new and enhanced features including shower facilities, meeting rooms and a quiet area, making for a calm environment in which to work or just relax.