Aer Arann has announced the opening of a new Dublin – London route. From 10th May 2012, Aer Lingus Regional operated by Aer Arann will fly three daily return services between Dublin and London Southend. Fares start from €24.99 one-way including taxes.
The 1h35min flights will depart Dublin at 09.15, 15.10 and 19.20. Flights from London Southend depart at 07.00, 12.55 and 17.10.
The redeveloped London Southend Airport offers:
- 15 minutes from ‘plane to train platform’ with cabin baggage
- No more than 4 minutes queuing to security processing
- 8 trains per hour at peak times
- Approximately 50 minutes direct railway transfer to London Liverpool Street station
- Approximately 40 minutes direct railway transfer to Stratford (London Olympic Village)
Sean Brogan, Aer Arann’s Interim Chief Executive, said: “We are confident that this route will drive traffic from London Southend and its surrounding catchment area into Dublin, benefiting local tourism and also on to transatlantic services to the United States.”
With its extended runway, new terminal, new railway fewer than 100 paces from the terminal entrance, and a Holiday Inn nearing completion, London Southend Airport offers many advantages to business and leisure customers.
ITTN expects Aer Lingus to promote the London Southend to Dublin route for transatlantic business from the East Anglian region, with its benefits of fast access to London Southend Airport, US Immigration clearance in Dublin, and lower air passenger duty.