Royal Caribbean International has launched its largest ever added-value booking incentive for the turn-of-year period. The new 2013 ‘Unbeatable Sale’ campaign incorporates three offers: Up to US$1,000 to spend on board for selected sailings from the UK; reduced airfares – with flights from €59 for selected cruise departures in the Mediterranean; and free balcony upgrades on selected European and worldwide sailings. The offers apply to bookings made between 10th December 2012 and 28th February 2013.
The Unbeatable Sale campaign will also feature interactive Blippar video content, branded merchandise and incentives to get trade partners excited about the cruise line’s new offers.
Blippar, the free smartphone application that employs augmented reality technology to play multimedia content, will have various campaign assets for agents to explore including interactive maps showing cruises departing UK ports of call, videos highlighting key destination and itineraries and links to standout offers on the cruise line’s award-winning online e-learning programme, Cruising for Excellence. Videos will also include a brand video showcasing everything agents need to know about the cruise line’s newly revamped ships and the new enhanced experiences on offer for Royal Caribbean International guests.
RCI is supporting the new campaign with a dedicated agent incentive of a daily prize draw to win one of five €100 Love 2 Reward vouchers, redeemable at many top high street stores. Agents simply need to book and confirm a 2013 cruise that is part of the Unbeatable Sale campaign between 10th December 2012 and 28th February 2013 to be entered into the draw.
Lorraine Quinn, RCI Head of Sales – Ireland, said: “We are offering up to $1,000 for bookings made during the turn-of-year campaign, which is massive and the largest added-value booking incentive we have ever done. This should encourage customers to book early with confidence. We have also produced some great videos to bring the experience to life and ensure that agents are in the best position to sell all the extras that are now included in the price and $1,000 on board spend goes a long way on a cruise.”
As part of the turn-of-year campaign agents are receiving marketing materials to aid their sales and promotion of Royal Caribbean International, including branded point of sale stands, bunting, balloons and pens.
The sales support tools issued to agents also include details on what $1,000 can buy on a Royal Caribbean International cruise such as a family shore excursion, two private FlowRider surfing lessons, a beer and wine drinks package, children’s soda packages, trips to Johnny Rockets, speciality dining for two and four cupcakes from the Cupcake Cupboard.
Royal Caribbean International’s new Unbeatable Sale campaign features a number of great fares tailored for Ireland including:
- 14-night Spanish Mediterranean Cruise on-board Independence of the Seas departing from Southampton, UK with easy air connections from €1,519pp in August 2013. This includes $1,000 on-board credit (per stateroom)
- 13-night Scandinavia and Russia Cruise on-board Brilliance of the Seas departing from Harwich, UK from €1,649pp in May 2013. This includes $1,000 on-board credit (per stateroom)
- 12-night Baltics Cruise on Adventure of the Seas from €1,449pp in June 2013. This includes up to $1,000 on-board credit (per stateroom)
- 7-night Eastern Mediterranean Cruise on Navigator of the Seas from €848pp departing from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy at the end of April 2013. This includes reduced-cost flights with hassle-free checked baggage allowance and transfers to the ship at destination
- 7-night Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Freedom of the Seas from €749pp departing from Port Canaveral, Florida, USA in September 2013. This includes a free upgrade from Interior to Oceanview and Oceanview to a Balcony stateroom.