Air Canada has re-branded its Top Tier frequent flyer recognition programme ‘Altitude’. Specifically designed to recognise and reward Air Canada’s most frequent flyers, Altitude offers members a wide range of travel privileges, rewards and additional status levels.
Improved benefits include enhanced priority travel services such as a complimentary checked baggage allowance, higher upgrade priority for higher status members, exclusive partner offers and new incentives such as tier status gifts, as well as the creation of a new dedicated website, altitude.aircanada.com. Altitude members continue to enjoy travel privileges with over 25 Star Alliancemember airlines.
Craig Landry, Vice President – Marketing, said: “We have renamed our Top Tier programme Air Canada Altitude and re-designed it to better recognise and reward our most frequent flyers. These changes are the most significant made to the programme since we launched Air Canada Super Elite status over 15 years ago.
“After sharing new developments with members over the past year, we are pleased to mark this day when Altitude’s wide range of additional benefits and exclusive perks come into effect. Altitude stands out as one of the leading frequent flyer recognition programmes in the world, re-designed to offer Air Canada customers the privileges that are best aligned with their travel frequency and needs.”
Altitude Status Levels
Concurrent with the introduction of a number of enhanced benefits, Air Canada Altitude includes two additional status levels for a total of five. Members reach Air Canada Altitude status based on the number of Altitude Qualifying Miles or Altitude Qualifying Segments earned on eligible flights operated by Air Canada and its Star Alliance partners.
|Status||Altitude QualifyingMiles||Altitude QualifyingSegments|
|Altitude Prestige 25K||25,000||25|
|Altitude Elite 35K||35,000||35|
|Altitude Elite 50K||50,000||50|
|Altitude Elite 75K||75,000||75|
|Altitude Super Elite 100K||100,000||100|
- Priority Contacts: Eligible Altitude members have priority access to Air Canada and Aeroplan call centres with new and improved reservation benefits such as complimentary access to Preferred Seats and guaranteed reservations in Economy class.
- Priority Airport Services: Altitude members enjoy priority check-in and a complimentary checked baggage allowance including waived handling fees for sports equipment. Higher status members such as Super Elite 100K members enjoy exclusive access to Air Canada’s personalised Concierge service.
- Lounge Access: Eligible Altitude members benefit from Air Canada’s network of Maple Leaf Lounges offering several complimentary services including business centers, conference rooms, snacks, beverages and free WiFi. For more information visit: www.aircanada.com/lounge
- eUpgrades: Altitude members have access to the comfort and premium service of Air Canada’s Executive Class (North America) and Executive First (international) cabins with complimentary eUpgrade Credits, featuring a more generous international upgrade eligibility than other frequent flyer recognition programmes. Higher status members will now also be able to upgrade Air Canada Vacations reservations as well as Aeroplan ClassicFlight Rewards when travelling in North America.
- Select Privileges: Altitude members can choose the combination of perks that best suits their travel needs by selecting the privileges they value most including: Bonus Aeroplan Miles, eUpgrade Credits, access to Air Canada’s network of Maple Leaf Lounges, Altitude status for a friend and more.
- Threshold Gifts: Altitude Elite 50K members and higher are now able to choose from a range of exclusive gifts as they reach specific Altitude Qualifying Mile thresholds – ranging from Bonus Aeroplan Miles and gift certificates to free hotel stays and high-end electronics.
- Star Alliance Recognition: Altitude members also benefit from priority services when travelling with over 25 Star Alliance airlines around the world, including access to hundreds of airport lounges worldwide for Altitude members identified as Star Alliance Gold.
- Exclusive Partner Offers: Altitude members are further rewarded by official partners with perks such as accelerated status recognition with major hotel chains and car rental companies, plus exclusive discounts and Bonus Aeroplan Miles.