Shannon Airport Authority is currently seeking to create an employment panel of “dynamic and enthusiastic individuals” for a number of summer vacancies as Airport Search Unit Officer at Shannon Airport.
Depending on the operational need, these seasonal opportunities will become available from early May to end August/September 2016. In addition to regular work periods, the airport is looking to cover early morning and late evening rosters, weekends and public holidays and there may be an element of night duty. The ASU officers will rotate between duties within the security function on a 16-hour roster basis.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland and, as these are shift positions, applicants must be over 18 years of age. It is expected that seasonal part-time employees will have full availability for the 2016 season.
The Airport Search Unit officer will be required to carry out the following activities to international standards:
- Screen and search passengers, staff and contractors
- X-ray examination of hand baggage
- Physical search of hand baggage
- Secure a sterile area
- Play a key role in delivering consistent levels of safety, security and services and a quality user experience
- Primary focus as a member of the security team will be to ensure the safe, secure, smooth and timely processing
- Provide the passenger with appropriate information and assistance
- Management of tray supplies and loading of passenger items into trays and on to conveyor belts
- Safe handling and storage of surrendered sharps, liquids and gels from security screening area
- Any other duties as assigned to meet operational requirements.
Person, Skills and Experience:
- Convey a professional, helpful and friendly attitude to Shannon Airport users
- Pleasant, confident and outgoing personality with self-motivation and diplomacy skills
- Excellent communication skills and a proficiency in a European language an advantage
- Take personal responsibility, on behalf of the team, for the smooth and timely processing of departing passengers at Shannon Airport
- Experience in a customer service driven environment and of delivering a high quality performance to achieve specified quality standards and processes
Candidates will be required to successfully complete assessments and an interview in late April/early May. Full training will be provided for the seasonal roles.
How to Apply:
Applications in the form of a current CV (formatted only in MS Word or pdf) with dates and Reference contact details for all positions held over the past five years. Ensure your email and telephone number (including mobile) are included with your application. Include a Cover Letter expressing (1) why you may be suitable for the position; (2) Dates of availability for employment – Hours/Days etc.; (3) indicate if you have full availability for the 2016 season.
Apply via email to email@example.com by 17.00 hours on Friday 8th April 2016.
Short-listing may apply. No late applications will be accepted.