Amadeus has announced the release of e-Power Consolidator, a web-based sales and booking management tool designed to enhance the operations of flight consolidators and their network of travel agents, and it is already operational in a large consolidator in Ireland.
The flight consolidator business booking model has nott always been the easiest business model to manage, which is why Amadeus e-Power Consolidator has been designed to automate and streamline the process for both consolidators and sub-agents.
Maria Whiteman, Commercial Director, Amadeus UK & Ireland, said: “Flight sales is an extremely competitive arena and smaller travel agents rely on working with the best consolidators to deliver the right product at the right price for their customers. Amadeus e-Power Consolidator ticks the boxes for all parties: it enables sub-agents to hold bookings where permitted and no local software installation is required. It also offers better security and it can be configured for auto ticketing, which further reduces the consolidator’s cost of sale.”
For the consolidator:
* Web-based, turn-key solution with automatic upgrades
* Hierarchical administration
* Enhanced security
* Easy management of service fees, commissions, mark-ups and discounts based on commercial agreements with sub-agents
* Flexible – choose whether a new sub-agent has a credit or cash account
* Integrated with Amadeus Master Pricer for market leading fares and shopping
For the travel agent:
* Web-based solution with no local installation required
* Available 24/7
* Minimal training required, which is important because many agents use more than one consolidator
* No IATA license required
* Easy access to competitive fares