BookaBed is currently recruiting a Product Assistant based in its Ashbourne office in Co Meath. Applicants should send their CV to Colleen Butler, Product Manager, at email@example.com or to Bev Fly, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Purpose of the Role
Reporting in to the Product Manager, the key purpose of the job will be to initiate and facilitate tactical promotions with travel agent partners on various media channels. You will be responsible for ensuring that all opportunities are explored and will work with BookaBed’s Destination Management Companies to ensure maximum exposure of the company’s products from agent advertisers.
* Ability to build productive working relationships with agents in Ireland and the UK
* Maintain regular contact with the Commercial Department and Key Account Managers from Destination Management Companies
* React to requests for specific deals, formulate and communicate offers in a timely manner
* Suggest new products that will work well for promotions.
* Demonstrate a sound understanding of the type of offers required for each media platform
* Ability to successfully benchmark offers against the market and assess suitability for sale
* Analyse market trends and maintain an awareness of competitor promotions, flight pricing, and availability that will directly affect the success of different campaigns.
* Ensuring the loading of exclusive offers to agent accounts are viewable online
* Production and communication of statistical reports to monitor campaign effectiveness
* Liaise with specific hotel chains and channel managers to ascertain best approach for direct hotel supply
* Contract individual hotel supply as dictated by agency partners and company requirements
* Compile weekly in-house specials for BookaBed’s IRL and UK database
Experience, Skills and Competencies
* Must have extensive experience within the travel industry
* Ability to identify potential sales opportunities
* Methodical and systematic worker able to work to very tight deadlines
* Ability to prioritise and multi-task effectively in order to manage multiple promotional campaigns simultaneously
* Strong negotiation skills
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written