Brand USA Chief Executive James Evans is stepping down and will be replaced in the interim by Brand USA Chairman-elect Caroline Beteta, Chief Executive of Visit California. The one-year-old organisation’s Board of Directors has begun a search for Evans’ replacement. The agreement was reached in consultation with the Board and comes as the organisation pivots from a start-up endeavour to securing its place as the USA’s destination marketing organisation.
“We thank Jim for the time, energy and passion he has brought to establishing this enterprise,” said Caroline. “Brand USA has hit critical milestones in its development and now is at an important transition point. Our focus going forward is to build on the momentum the organisation has established by increasing and deepening our partnerships with the travel industry, building out co-op marketing opportunities to attract increased private-sector funding, and enhancing our responsiveness and communications with our government partners.”
Brand USA is a national programme with the mission of attracting billions of dollars in increased visitor spending to the USA, which will create tens of thousands of new jobs. In its first year of operation, Brand USA has achieved numerous accomplishments against its vision including:
- Establishing a fully integrated marketing, sales, research, partnership and development strategy
- Developing a strong brand identity
- Creating a state-of-the-art website to promote the United States worldwide and provide travellers with important information about US entry policies and procedures
- Creating the nation’s tourism marketing campaign and launching the first wave in three top-tier markets – Japan, Canada and the UK & Ireland
- Establishing partnerships with more than 250 industry organisations, which will raise more than $10 million in industry contributions and more than $30 million in in-kind contributions.