ClickandGo.com is looking to fill the post of Long Haul Sales and Business Development, with the successful applicant reporting to the Head of Sales (for sales duties) and the Chief Executive (for business development duties), starting in February/March 2014. The deadline for receipt of applications is 14th February 2014.
The successful candidate will have ownership of the long-haul programme and will be the driving force to establish ClickandGo in the long-haul market. The company focuses entirely on selling dynamically packaged holidays with the initial core markets for volume growth being Florida and the rest of the USA, Caribbean, Mexico, Thailand and the Arabian Gulf. Other destinations will follow in later 2014 and 2015 based on potential volume sales.
- Handle all long-haul sales enquiries and drive sales to achieve company targets for long-haul.
- Manage the supplier network for long-haul in terms of airlines, ticketing agent, GDS and ground suppliers.
- Develop the long-haul product in terms of additional accommodation, new destinations and additional resorts.
- Work with the inhouse IT development teams to ensure the company has a compelling online offering and keeps up to date with competitor offerings in the market.
- Provide the on and offline marketing teams with pricing and product for inclusion in all marketing material.
- Train and assist the rest of the sales team so they can assist with long-haul sales and deliver excellent customer service.
- Update the policies and procedures for long-haul sales as required.
- Work closely with product, operations and marketing to achieve the best results for sales.
- As part of a team of office based sales consultants you will be required to assist with European sun and city break sales during busy periods.
- Assist with the role out of the new cruise programme in Q1/Q2 of 2014.
- Review customer communications for the long-haul programme and update as required.
- Analyse sales and report back to marketing with regard to the effectiveness of company communications and advise on what is selling.
- Become proficient in understanding the back office system and websites.
- Review key competitors and highlight areas of ongoing continuous improvement for the company.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
You will be a suitably experienced travel consultant, possess solid experience of long-haul sales in a tour operator or retail travel environment, with proven GDS knowledge and first-hand knowledge of long-haul destinations. You will:
- Be trained/certified on Galileo and/or Amadeus.
- Have at least three years of experience in selling long-haul holiday packages.
- Have experience tailor-making holidays to key long-haul destinations.
- Have experience using nett fares, CRS Galileo and ground contracts to create dream itineraries.
- Have experience working to achieve sales targets and earn commission.
- Have some knowledge of European sun destinations and cities.
- Be competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be accurate in all tasks. Speed is important but not at a cost to accuracy.
- Ability to act quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Enjoy customer contact.
- Have an excellent telephone manner, providing clients with clear and precise holiday information.
- Likes selling, matching the right holiday to the right person and have an understanding of the ‘customer for life’ philosophy.
- Be a team player by contributing to Marketing, IT and other inhouse functions.
- Enjoy a large volume and variety of work.
- Confident, professional self-starter.
Hours of Work
The office is open seven days a week, Monday to Friday until 7pm with reduced hours at weekends. You will be part of a sales team roster that covers late shifts midweek and weekend cover. There would be a requirement to assist at any trade exhibitions if ClickandGo participate and to attend trade receptions.
Competitive and in line with experience.
Apply to email@example.com Deadline for receipt of applications: 14th February 2014.