Crystal Cruises is launching a new, exclusive collection of ‘Boutique Adventures’ – shore experiences only available to Crystal guests and not available with any other cruise line. Beginning this spring with its Mediterranean cruises, the intimate Boutique Adventures take guests inside private and enigmatic estates, art studios, museums, castles and well-known businesses for exclusive, insider meals, lessons, workshops and behind-the-scenes tours with fascinating, eminent local experts. Accommodating between just one and 15 guests, the specially-designed outings provide cultural opportunities for greater connection with local hosts and increased schedule flexibility.
Kicking off the Mediterranean season on board Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity voyages are:
- Florence: View the Uffizi Gallery’s private (normally closed to the public) Contini Bonacossi Collection, featuring Bernini sculpture, Bellini and Savoldo paintings, majolica, furniture and more.
- Funchal: Lunch with a local celebrity at the elegant Reid’s Palace or enjoy a private visit to a family-run Madeiran winery, followed by a leisurely, homemade lunch with the owners.
- Rome: Create unique souvenir jewellery under the tutelage of a Valentino model-turned-museum jewellery designer, opening her workshop for the first time ever only for Crystal guests.
- Corfu: Be one of just six guests per outing to receive a private painting lesson from the President of the Corfu Painters Society.
- Vetriano (near Florence): Appreciate opera up-close with a special operatic performance at the smallest historic public theatre in the world.
- Sorrento and Taormina: Improve your international kitchen skills via hands-on cooking lessons and meals with local, Michelin-star chefs.
- Taormina: Dine and listen to a private classical concert at an ancient Sicilian castle.
“Crystal’s luxury guests can savour the stylish all-inclusive amenities and exceptional space of Crystal ships, yet, ashore, share intimate, immersion experiences with just a handful of other like-minded companions – particularly good for more independent travellers,” said Philip Ordever, Vice President of International Sales & Marketing. “Crystal’s reputation for excellence has persuaded people and places that are nowhere to be seen on the tourist map to open their doors for us in unique ways. These adventures may be small in size, but they are huge in rare experience and memory value.”
Plans are already under way for Boutique Adventures in Northern Europe, North America and other destinations.