Emirates and the Formula One group have announced a five-year agreement appointing Emirates as a Global Partner of Formula 1 starting with the imminent 2013 season.
The announcement was made today by HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum, Chairman and Chief Executive, Emirates Airline and Group, and Bernie Ecclestone, Chief Executive of the Formula One Group.
Emirates will have a strong branding presence at 15 races on the 2013 FIA Formula One World Championship calendar across Europe, Asia, Australasia, North America and South America. Starting at the Grand Prix in Malaysia (22nd – 24th March 2013), the distinctive Fly Emirates branding will be seen at historic circuits such as Silverstone in Britain, Monza in Italy and Interlagos in Sao Paolo, Brazil.
“This is an exciting global opportunity to align two world-leading brands,” said Sheikh Ahmed. “The ambition, cutting-edge technological standards and worldwide reach of Formula One go hand in hand with Emirates’ vision and ambition.
“For many years, Emirates has been at the forefront of sports partnerships across the world. With the addition of this global partnership with the Formula One group we are continuing to expand our sponsorship portfolio, which I am sure will be appreciated by sports fans. Today’s Formula One partnership follows on from our recent sporting announcements such as re-signing a multi-year sponsorship agreement with Arsenal Football Club, being a sponsorship partner of the 2014 Commonwealth Games and becoming the Official Airline of the ATP World Tour tournament.”
As part of the Formula 1 Global Partner agreement, branding will be displayed on circuit bridges and associated ground signs and Emirates will make full use of the world-renowned Formula One Paddock Club.
Bernie Ecclestone said: “Emirates has a first-class international reputation and I am very pleased to welcome such a prestigious company as a global partner of Formula One. Watching Formula One races live in flight will be something special for Emirates customers and Emirates branding at this many races on the calendar will lend strong support to their ambitious expansion plans.
“With considerable overlap between their priority markets and our own I look forward to many successful years working on this important partnership together.”
Emirates’ 128 destination network enables motor racing fans to reach virtually all Formula 1 locations for the 2013 season, beginning with Kuala Lumpur 22nd – 24th March through to Sao Paulo 2nd – 24th November.
Emirates-sponsored Formula 1 Events in 2013
- 22nd – 24th March: Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix, Kuala Lumpur
- 12th – 14th April: UBS Chinese Grand Prix, Shanghai
- 10th – 12th May: Gran Premio de España, Barcelona
- 7th – 9th June: Grand Prix du Canada, Montréal
- 28th – 30th June: British Grand Prix, Silverstone
- 5th – 7th July: Grosser Preis von Deutschland, Nürburgring
- 26th – 28th July: Magyar Nagydíj, Budapest
- 23rd – 25th August: Shell Belgian Grand Prix, Spa-Francorchamps
- 6th – 8th September: Gran Premio d’Italia, Monza
- 20th – 22nd September: Singapore Grand Prix, Singapore
- 4th – 6th October: Korean Frand Prix, Yeongam
- 11th – 13th October: Japanese Grand Prix, Suzuka
- 25th – 27th October: Airtel Indian Grand Prix, New Delhi
- 15th – 17th November: United States Grand Prix, Austin
- 22nd – 24th November: Grande Prêmio do Brasil, São Paulo