Etihad Airways, sponsor of the GAA Hurling All Ireland Senior Championships, has announced that midnight on Monday 30th September is the cut-off for entries to this year’s ‘Raise The Bar’, in which GAA clubs can win the ultimate prize, a year’s sponsorship package with the Abu Dhabi-based airline.
The winning club for the 2013 ‘Raise The Bar’ will receive:
- €10,000 cash sponsorship fund
- New branded playing and training kit
- Coaching from Tipperary legend Nicky English and hurling All Star Joe Canning
- Regular fundraising prizes such as Etihad Airways flights and Hurling All Ireland Final tickets
- ‘Voice of the GAA’ Micheál Ó Muircheartaigh will MC a quiz night for the club
- RTE’s Des Cahill will MC the club’s award’s night
- Mentoring from figures outside the game, such as ex-rugby international and current director of rugby at Harlequins, Conor O’Shea
Clubs can enter the competition by submitting written and video entries on www.etihadgaa.ie to show how they have ‘Raised The Bar’ and why they deserve to win the sponsorship package. Achievement comes in many forms, not just silverware.
Etihad Airways wants to reward one special club, whether that is being the focal point of their community, or managing to keep the club going against the odds or even growing their club in recent times. Details can be found online at www.etihadgaa.ie.
The winning club will be decided by a public vote and the votes of the judges. The panel is made up of Nicky English, Micheál Ó Muircheartaigh and Des Cahill.