Irish Travel Trade News has launched its 2014 Budding Travel Writer of the Year competition – if you have been on an ex-Ireland fam trip or travel trade prize trip since 1st January 2013 your report could win for you a cheque for €1,000.00 from Travel Counsellors Ireland.
This year there will be seven monthly winners, commencing in May, and the deadline for entries for the first month is Friday 9th May 2014 – so get writing those 500 words and send them to email@example.com without delay.
Each monthly winner will receive a prize of a €100 One4all gift voucher and will be invited as a guest to the 23rd Irish Travel Trade Awards to be held at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dublin – Burlington Road, on Friday 28th November 2014.
2014 Budding Travel Writer Competition Rules
1. Each entrant must have participated, or be due to participate, in a familiarisation trip ex-Ireland (Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland) between 1st January 2013 and 31st October 2014. For the purposes of this competition, ‘a fam trip’ includes any trip won as a prize at a travel trade event in Ireland. Confirmation of the entrant’s fam trip participation or prize win may be sought from the relevant supplier.
2. Entrants must currently be employed by a tour operator or travel agency in Ireland, but not necessarily the same company that they were employed by at the time of the fam trip. Travel Counsellors are not eligible to enter the competition.
3. More than one entry may be submitted if an entrant has participated in more than one fam trip during the above period.
4. Each entry must comprise up to a maximum of 500 words of text and captioned photos (minimum one, maximum four).
5. The competition opens at 9.00am on Monday 28th April 2014 and closes at midnight on Monday 3rd November 2014. Only individual travel employees are eligible to enter.
6. Entries must be submitted by email, with the author’s name, job title and company, to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries are deemed to be the property of Irish Travel Trade News and as such can be featured in any of ITTN’s online or offline publications without recompense to the writer.
7. All entries will be adjudicated by an independent panel of judges representing Irish Travel Trade News and Travel Counsellors and onemonthly winner will be selected in May, June, July, August, September, October and November 2014 from the entries received.
8. Each monthly winner will be notified by the 7th of the following month. The monthly winner will receive a prize of a €100 One4all gift voucher and will be invited as a guest to the 23rd Irish Travel Trade Awards to be held at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dublin – Burlington Road, on Friday 28th November 2014.
9. One of the seven monthly winners will be selected as the overall winner and will be presented at the above event with the 2014 Budding Travel Writer of the Year Award and a cash prize of €1,000.00.
10. No correspondence will be entered into in relation to any entry submitted and the judges’ decisions will be final.
11. The copyright of all entries submitted will be owned by Belgrave Group Ltd, the publisher of Irish Travel Trade News.
12. The 2014 Budding Travel Writer of the Year competition is sponsored by Travel Counsellors Ireland Ltd.