Now that you can avail of Full US Pre-clearance at Shannon Airport, there is no need to waste precious American time in a queue when you land. Just pick up your luggage and walk out the door to the time of your life. Fly Shannon and get the most out of your time in the United States.
With Full US Pre-clearance, passengers can now pre-clear all formalities before departing, making their arrival in the US easier and faster. This facility encompasses US Immigration, Customs and Agriculture, ensuring that your clients’ arrival in the USA will be effortless and seamless.
Passenger Benefits at Shannon:
- They arrive as domestic passengers – faster process through airport terminals
- Shorter connecting times mean that passengers reach their final destination earlier
- No transfer of bags required by passengers if connecting (no pick up/drop off)
- Baggage checked through to final destination when you check in at Shannon
Simple Process at Shannon:
- Passengers check-in as normal
- Passengers proceed through airport security screening
- Don’t forget the all-important Duty Free Shopping
- Passengers present at US Pre-clearance with all documentation
- Board flight as normal
Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) for Travel to the USA
Passengers who plan to travel to the USA are required under the US Visa Waiver Programme to apply for travel authorisation online prior to travel. Passengers will require an approved ESTA prior to boarding. An approved ESTA is valid for up to two years and permits multiple entries.
Permitted Food Items
There are restrictions on food items that can be brought to the USA: for full details visit shannonairport.ie. In order to avoid delays all food items should be carried in hand luggage and presented for inspection at the US Pre-clearance facility.