A Halloween party at Bran Castle in Romania, celebrating Haitian Carnival in Jacmel, jamming at Reggae Sumfest in Jamaica, indulging at Pizzafest in Italy, and running in the Serengeti half-marathon are all new, once-in-a-lifetime experiences now available with the launch of G Adventures’ Limited Edition programme – with Sunway the GSA in Ireland.
The updated programme combines existing ‘one-off’ trips with newly created trips, and is designed to get travellers more immersed in a country by delivering experiences that are completely unique to a place and its people.
Jeff Russill, Vice President of Product, G Adventures, says travellers are searching harder for adventures that give them a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience. “As travellers venture to more new places and become more adventurous, they are pushing the boundaries further. Bucket lists are getting more sophisticated, and with this new selection of tours we have taken our knowledge of what works in event-based tourism, and expanded that to include all new, next-level trips.
“Our Limited Edition trips appeal to a variety of interests and include unusual and wonderful one-off experiences for music fans, active travellers, wildlife lovers, foodies and culture vultures.”
The 32 trips offer experiences in more than 20 countries, and also include recognised events such as La Tomatina in Spain, Carnivals in Rio de Janiero, Brazil and Venice, Italy, Mardi Gras in New Orleans, and (above) the Trans-Siberian Journey.
Brand new Limited Edition itineraries unique to G Adventures include:
- Halloween in Transylvania – Come in costume to a party at Bran Castle, rumoured to be one of the most haunted places in Europe. Guests have the castle to themselves as this is an invite only event – for 100 G Adventures travellers. After a guided tour of the castle by Dracula himself, party well into the night. This seven-day trip also includes travel from Bucharest to Sibiu, Sighisoara, and Bran. Priced from £899 pp.
- Highlights of Haiti & Carnival – Dive right into the revelry of Haitian Carnival on the streets of Jacmel, the home of Haiti’s most colourful Carnival experience. Locals flock to the streets to watch various troupes and groups dance through the street. Some don colourful, oversized papier-mâché masks and others are doused head to toe in various colours of body paint. This three-hour parade has thousands of participants, numerous bands, and is full of culture and tradition. This nine-day trip also visits Port-au-Prince and CapHaïtien. Priced from £1,999pp.
- Jamaica Reggae Sumfest Experience – Jump into the action and get in the groove with an included ticket to three nights of Reggae Sumfest in Montego Bay. Prepare to see local acts, international stars, and dance the night away to the island beats. One or two big international names typically are on the bill on evening. Featuring Dancehall Night, Reggae Night, and a little bit of everything in between. A four-day trip is priced from £499pp.
- Pizzafest – Explore everything pizza at Pizza Village, the home of Pizzafest! Enjoy pizza-making demonstrations, listen to authentic Neapolitan music, and, of course, try some of the most delicious pizza in Italy. There are also visits to Pompeii and Sorrento included in this five-day tour, where travellers will try their hand at limoncello-making to wash down the pizza. Priced from £399pp.
- Serengeti Half-Marathon Experience – This one-of-a-kind, eight-day adventure was made for running enthusiasts eager to get off the treadmill or the pavement and try something different. Spend a few days getting the lay of the land by meeting members of a local village and tracking the Big Five on wildlife safari drives around Serengeti National Park. Next, it’s the big race (21km, or 5km fun run), followed by two days spent exploring the wondrous Ngorongoro Crater. Priced from £2,299pp for an eight-day trip from Arusha return.
Prices do not include flights. For inclusions, see trip links above.