Insight Vacations has released its new Exotics Collection, featuring a range of new premium escorted journeys in India, Nepal, Greece, Jordan, Israel, Turkey, Egypt and Morocco, the new destination of Bhutan, and a range of Signature hotels, dining and experiences across new and existing itineraries. For the first time, the brochure includes an augmented reality feature allowing readers to enjoy a flavour of India using their smartphone.
Sharon Jordan, Business Manager, The Travel Corporation, said: “We are thrilled with the success of our India programme since launching in 2012 and are delighted we can continue to introduce new product to this extraordinary region. Each itinerary featured as part of the Exotics Collection has been chosen to showcase these culturally and historically rich destinations, and when combined with Insight’s Signature inclusions, we can guarantee our guests a truly unforgettable experience.”
Two new itineraries have been added in India:
* The 11-day Colours of Rajasthan, travelling from Delhi to Udaipur with Signature inclusions such as a stay at the Taj Lake Palace Hotel, three game safaris with a naturalist in search of the Royal Bengal Tiger and a highlight lunch at the Laxmi Vilas Palace.
* The 11-day Mystical South India travelling from Kochi to Chennai, visiting some of India’s oldest temples and Signature inclusions such at stay at the opulent Leela Palace, a tour through a spice plantation and a visit to San Thome Cathedral, built over the tomb of St Thomas, an apostle of Jesus.
Bhutan is the newest destination to feature its own itinerary attributed to the increase in popularity of the region. The 11-day Bhutan Dragon Kingdom itinerary previously featured as a mini tour, travels from Thimpu to Paro and includes a host of Signature inclusions such a stay in Bhutan’s only 5-star hotel, Bhutanese cooking class and a visit to a Swiss farm, home of Bhutan’s only commercial cheese factory.
A range of Signature inclusions have also been added to existing itineraries such as the 14-day Treasures of Greece & the Islands, which now includes a cooking demonstration in Olympia and accommodation in the luxurious Divani Caravel hotel. Signature inclusions also extend to the 8-day Turkish Delights itinerary, which now spends a night in Izmir at the Swissotel Grand Efes overlooking the spectacular Kordon Promenade on Turkey’s Aegean Sea.
Additional new features in 2014 include:
* Four Day Stopovers in Dubai and Abu Dhabi
* Hotel upgrades, additional transfers and the inclusion of flights within some of the India itineraries
* Extensive wi-fi availability on coaches and in hotels.