An impressive seven-strong delegation from Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, led by Cindy Brewster, Director of International Sales, visited Dublin on Monday to host travel trade and media to a splendid dinner at Chapter One.
“The Irish market is very important for us,” Cindy told her guests, “and this event is to say that we appreciate your business, in the past, present and future.”
The Kimpton group offers more than 60 boutique hotels across the USA, along with some 70 chef-driven restaurants and bars. The hotels are famous for their hosted (and complimentary!) evening Wine Hour, to which guests are invited every day from 5-6pm, “rain or shine, East or West, bear or bull market”.
Last December 2013, 12 Kimpton hotels were named as one of the best in their area in Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards 2013, each singled out for their superiority in the standard of their rooms, quality of service, food offering, location, distinctive design or in-hotel activities. The award winners were:
- Hotel Monaco, Philadelphia, 4th in Top 10 Hotels in Mid-Atlantic
- EPIC Hotel, Miami, 7th in Top 20 Hotels in Florida
- Nine Zero Hotel, Boston, 9th in Top 10 Hotels in Boston
- Hotel Monaco, Denver, 9th in Top 10 Hotels in the West
- Argonaut, San Francisco, 9th in Top 10 Hotels in San Francisco
- Hotel Monaco, Salt Lake City, 10th in Top 10 Hotels in the West
- Hotel Palomar, Chicago, 10th in Top 10 Hotels in Chicago
- Canary Hotel, Santa Barbara, 12th in Top 25 Hotels in Southern California
- Hotel Monaco, Seattle, 17th in Top 20 Hotels in Pacific Northwest
- Lorien Hotel & Spa, Alexandria, 17th in Top 30 Hotels in the South
- Alexis Hotel, Seattle 20th in Top 20 Hotels in Pacific Northwest
- Morrison House, Alexandria, 22nd in Top 30 Hotels in the South