Lowcostbeds is recruiting an Ireland-based Purchasing Manager to cover the Irish and Scottish markets. An attractive remuneration package will be offered based on experience and interested candidates should email their CVs in confidence directly to Clem Walshe at email@example.com
Purchasing Manager Ireland
The Purchasing Manager will contribute to the planning process and contract a reliable programme of accommodation to cater for required volumes in terms of quality, value for money beds in line with Destination, Brand and Product Line strategies within agreed time frames.
- To sign ‘best in class’ rates for Lowcostbeds and to achieve competitive advantage against competitors by maximising sales opportunities and profit margins.
- To identify and deliver innovative change from existing and new suppliers, which will contribute to developing the destination performance in line with plan.
- To monitor and to performance manage each supplier relationship (both directly contracted and Group contracted) to optimise against agreed KPIs for Profitability, risk management, cash flow, sales intake, Quality Control, Health and Safety.
- To identify threats to the business and develop a strategy to minimise the risk.
- Embed and foster a customer-focussed culture, delivering the relevant service for the customer (internal or external), while seeking and acting on feedback to make continual improvements to the customer experience.
- To interact effectively with other team members and stakeholder departments, ensuring that the product contracted reflects the agreed product briefs from across the business.
- To identify, manage and build strong, professional working relationships with suppliers to develop their properties to protect and/or improve sustainable long-term profitability.
- To act as final escalation point and arbiter in contractual/supplier relationships where the internal department that is primarily responsible has been unable to resolve an issue (i.e. Health & Safety, Quality, Yield, GDM, Legal, Recoveries).
- To contribute to the training and development of colleagues as required, utilising personal experience to support, guide and motivate other team members.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum two years’ experience in a purchasing position with an online bedbank
- Experience working with channel managers
- Commercial experience, excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Adaptable, flexible, self-motivated and able to remain calm under pressure
- Existing hotel relationships in key cities
- Team player and supportive of colleagues
- Methodical in approach to problem solving
- Able to build good working relationships across all levels
- Able to demonstrate a good education, preferably with a qualification in Maths and English
- Both Written & Spoken English and fluency in language of contracting destination
- Well organised and self-disciplined with competent computer skills (Office, Excel & Word)