Royal Caribbean International’s Symphony of the Seas, “the new sound of adventure”, has made her highly anticipated debut to the USA, forever changing the status-quo on holidays for adventure-seekers everywhere. Fresh from her inaugural Europe season, the world’s largest and most adventure-packed ship sailed into her permanent, year-round home at Royal Caribbean’s brand new, state-of-the-art Terminal A at Port Miami, the largest cruise terminal in the USA.
“Symphony takes family holidaying to an all new level with energy and options never before found in one place,” said Michael Bayley, President and Chief Executive, Royal Caribbean International. “This ship is the perfect blend of our greatest hits we know guests love and a lineup of vibrant, new restaurants, activities and unparalleled entertainment – all purposefully designed around guests’ preferences. With her US homecoming this week, Symphony is changing the game for how guests of all ages holiday on our biggest and boldest vessel yet.”
The ultimate family ship, Symphony of the Seas will sail year-round seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries from Miami beginning 17th November 2018, and will add visits to the cruise line’s highly anticipated private island in the Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay, when it launches in May 2019. Designed to inspire unshakable wanderlust within guests of all ages, Symphony features a next-level collection of new experiences.
- The two-story Ultimate Family Suite for eight guests includes an in-suite slide, air hockey table, building block wall and ‘Royal Genie’ concierge
- The high-energy Boardwalk with activities for all ages includes game-day favourites at Playmaker’s Sports Bar & Arcade, the Sugar Beach specialty sweet and ice cream shop, face painting, caricature artists, live music and more
- New restaurants include Hooked Seafood, featuring fresh New England-style favourites, and made-to-order Mexican ‘street fare’ at El Loco Fresh
- An out-of-this-world, glow-in-the-dark laser tag experience is called Battle for Planet Z
- An always-evolving Royal Caribbean app, designed to be a game changer for guest experience, enables expedited arrival, more personalised experience onboard and interactive features
Symphony of the Seas also features a playlist of the greatest hits that Royal Caribbean guests know and love from the iconic Oasis Class of ships:
The Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea, a 10-story test of courage
- The Perfect Storm, a trio of thrilling multi-story waterslides named Cyclone, Typhoon and Supercell
- Two FlowRider surf simulators, pumping 34,000 gallons of water per minute, perfect for adventure-seekers
- Twin rock-climbing walls, standing at 40 feet tall and boasting stunning sea views
- A zip line nine decks high, speeding riders 82 feet across an open-air atrium
- AquaTheater, an open-air theatre with jaw-dropping, high-diving acrobatic and aquatic performances in the deepest pool at sea
- Central Park, a green sanctuary lush with more than 20,000 living plants and trees
The 25th ship in Royal Caribbean’s fleet, Symphony of the Seas encompasses 228,081 gross registered tonnes, measures 238 feet tall and spans 1,188 feet in length. Each week, Symphony will welcome 5,518 guests at double occupancy in 2,759 staterooms, including 28 additional balcony rooms that overlook the ocean or the ship’s signature Boardwalk neighbourhood.