Oroko Travel is looking for a Luxury Travel Sales Consultant / Creative Travel Specialist with “an exceptional customer service ethic and a natural flair for sales”, while group travel specialist GTI Ireland is seeking someone to join its Escorted Tours Division.
The Oroko Travel role, based in Dublin 6, will suit a resourceful, self-motivated, results-driven travel professional who would relish the opportunity to work with demanding clients, source new products and suppliers, and design inspiring holidays from a blank canvas.
We are looking for a Creative Travel Specialist who will:
- Consult with our customers listening to their ideas and requirements
- Design creative, luxurious and inspiring itineraries and provide clients will all information they need for all aspects of travel for their destination
- Execute all bookings ensuring a seamless experience ‘door to door’
- Display a high conversion rate from enquiry to confirmed booking
- Deal with any problems that may occur in advance of, during or after a client trip
- Engage in active after care service to ensure client retention and relationship development
If you are the person we need you will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in the long-haul retail travel industry with an excellent sales track record
- Extensive travel experience worldwide with first-hand knowledge of 5-star destinations and travel providers and strong worldwide geographical knowledge
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to work comfortably in a dynamic environment where our services, systems and suppliers are constantly evolving
- Customer service experience with luxury brands
You will also be:
- Friendly, professional, confident, diplomatic and discreet with outstanding listening and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Upbeat and positive with a can-do attitude
- Hard-working, professional and results driven with a focus on superior quality and service
- Financially astute – working with suppliers to develop and price exciting itineraries
- Fluent in English, very well-presented and well-spoken
Oroko Travel is an exciting new addition to the Irish travel industry, offering ‘Out of the Ordinary’ tailor-made travel experiences. At Oroko, customer experience is everything. We will go to extraordinary lengths to ensure a smooth customer journey from first touch point to returning home from holiday.
We expect, and demand, our team and partners worldwide to be precise in everything they do. We are offering the most competitive salary and incentive packages in the Irish travel industry with the best worldwide travel opportunities. You will also receive discounts from some of our sister companies.
Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm with some requirement to respond to clients and suppliers outside these hours. There is also a generous annual leave allowance. Our ‘Out of the Ordinary’ office, located in Dublin 6, provides a luxurious environment and an exciting place to work.
Reporting to the COO, you will receive comprehensive product and systems training, as well as ongoing coaching to develop your career.
Group Travel International – Ireland
This is an opportunity to join one of Ireland’s most successful group travel companies in its Escorted Tours Division. It is a full-time position with an immediate start.
Based in North County Dublin, the job offers candidates a wide and varied working day. GTI is looking for a person with strong sales and administrative skills who will work well within a team environment.
Training will be provided to ensure compliance with specific service levels.
- Developing new Escorted Tours and updating others to bring exciting innovative products to the market
- Dealing with client queries – telephone and email
- Processing customer bookings and payments
- Issuing potential and confirmation correspondence
- Maintaining the tour pax lists
- Developing relationships with key travel agents
- Continually advancing our travel product lines in the areas of research, budget and itineraries, in line with travel trends
- Requesting and confirming travel services including flights, hotels, tour managers and excursions
- Travelling to worldwide destinations to inspect and to source products and suppliers and to attend travel events such as the World Travel Market
- Negotiating supplier rates and contracts
- Attending travel events and travel shows, some of which can take place in the evening
- Assisting with our Reader Offer campaigns, analysing performances and maintaining monthly reports, working closely with our Marketing Department
- An ability to work on own initiative, manage a busy workload and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Being a team player with a positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Having a proven track record with a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- Dynamic and exciting industry and work environment
- Based in our Donabate office, which is served by public transport links and has parking
- Education and training opportunities