With today, Wednesday 22nd April, being Earth Day, SaveonEnergy has announced the top 20 ecotourism attractions in the world that are the most Instagrammed – and the winner by far is Boracay in the Philippines.
Not only that, the Philippines has three other attractions in the list: Siargao Island (4th), Apo Island (11th), and Masungi Georeserve (13th).
Among the findings are:
- Boracay in the Philippines is the most Instagrammed ecotourism attraction in the world with 2.9 million hashtags
- Wadi Rum in Jordan is the next most popular ecotourism attraction on Instagram with 390,000 hashtags
- In Europe, Suomenlinna in Finland has 210,000 Instagram hashtags and Piatra Craiului Mountains in Romania has 20,300 Instagram hashtags
- In Africa, the top attraction is Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda with 30,000 hashtags, followed by Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, South Africa with 20,400
- In the Americas, and in third place, is Parque Nacional Galapagos in Ecuador, which has 322,000 hashtags
- In Australasia, the Ningaloo Coast comes ninth with 77,100 hashtags