The awards, designed to help drive trade sales and excitement around the peak booking season, requires agents to nominate their colleagues in one of six categories:
- Best Breakthrough Act – best ‘New to Selling Cruise’ agent
- Best Producer – best booker
- Best Solo Female – best female travel agent
- Best Solo Male – best male travel agent
- Special Recognition – for commitment, dedication and enthusiasm
- Critic’s Choice – best overall agent
In addition to getting the chance to hobnob with the likes of Jessie J and One Direction at the 2014 BRIT Awards, the winning agents will also be treated to a night like no other including:
- One night’s accommodation in a 4-star hotel in London
- Dinner and drinks in The VIP Club before the show and a live performance by one of the UK’s hottest musical artists
- Level 1 VIP seats in The 02 Arena
- After-show party at The VIP Club
- Transport to and from their home
To be in with a chance to win one of the six places, agents simply to need to get a colleague to post a photo of them and 150 words on why they deserve to win their chosen category at the cruise line’s all-new stand-alone Facebook page for agents at www.facebook.com/royalcaribbeantravelagents.
Agents can also increase their chance of winning by booking and confirming a 2014 cruise that is part of the turn of year campaign between 12th December 2013 and 12th February to be entered into a prize draw to win one of 10 places.
Entries can be uploaded to Facebook between now and 12th February 2014 and agents will be able to vote on their favourite submissions until 12th February 2014. Winners will be determined by two equally weighted measurements – the number of votes each agent receives on Facebook and the number of votes they receive from a Royal Caribbean International judging panel. The ultimate winners will be announced on 13th February.
To ensure Royal Caribbean International is top of mind for agents this holiday season, the cruise line’s sales team will be visiting agencies accompanied by previous BRIT Award winner lookalikes.
Stuart Leven, Royal Caribbean International UK & Ireland Managing Director, said: “For all the agents out there who have dreamed of becoming a superstar, or at least sit next to one, this is your chance to make that dream a reality. If your colleague, friend or boss has standout selling skills, head to our Facebook page and tell us all about it. Who knows, it could be their only chance to rub shoulders with Rita Ora or pop bottles with Professor Green.”