Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline with 86 million customers per annum, a fleet of 300 aircraft and an order to purchase a further 180 Boeing aircraft over the next five years, is recruiting a Head of Sales & Marketing to be located in its offices at Airside Business Park, Swords, Co Dublin. The new Head of Sales and Marketing will start as soon as possible and report to the Chief Marketing Officer. The closing date for applications is Friday 5th September 2014.
Ryanair told Irish Travel Trade News: “We are seeking a proactive and sales driven individual who will hit the ground running and enhance our sales and marketing activity. The successful candidate will have experience in managing sales & marketing teams across Europe and some travel industry knowledge. They will also be required to regularly travel throughout Europe to meet our business needs.
“Excellent communication skills are also important to this role, while a second European language (Spanish, German, French or Italian) will be advantageous but not essential. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing a team of 15 specialists servicing all of our sales and marketing needs.”
- Manage the marketing activities of each country team.
- Ensure the teams gather market intelligence and key information is shared within the business.
- Identify new joint marketing opportunities and revenues.
- Develop Ryanair’s marketing people to sustain the airline’s market advantage into the future.
- Work closely with other members of the marketing leadership team to ensure individual market activities are effectively deployed and goals are achieved.
- Liaise closely with the head of PR to ensure that all PR activities are well planned and executed in each market.
- Work closely with the branding team to ensure all markets have relevant, suitable and effective branding activities.
- Act as a spokesperson for Ryanair across Europe.
- Ensure that the media across Europe are aware of Ryanair customer service initiatives and ensure the airline gets the right media return for key messages.
- Act as a link with the commercial team to ensure both teams’ plans are aligned.
If you meet the above criteria and have the energy and commitment to join the Ryanair organisation, then they want to hear from you! Email your full curriculum vitae (quoting reference number FRHSM01) to Robert Wall at email@example.com .