Travel Counsellors Ireland is looking to strengthen its growing Head Office team in Cork and is looking for an experienced Sales Executive. The successful candidate will become part of one of the fasted growing and commercially successful travel companies in Ireland.
The company is looking for someone who has travel industry experience and a proven track record in sales and/or business development. The role will involve building and managing relationships with supplier partners and working closely with those suppliers to promote sales and marketing opportunities, incentives and promotions.
An equal amount of time will be spent developing the business as part of an exciting and challenging agenda to help increase the number of new Travel Counsellor franchisees joining the business.
You will deliver against a set of agreed KPIs across marketing partnerships, business development and franchisee recruitment.
You will be dealing and negotiating with existing commercial suppliers including airlines, cruise lines and tour operators. You will also be expected to develop new relationships, researching and investigating new areas to grow and develop the business through sales and marketing partnership opportunities.
You will proactively generate enquiries from potential new franchises and develop relationships with the existing prospects in the company’s recruitment database, encouraging high quality candidates to become Travel Counsellor franchisees.
You will also manage Travel Counsellors Ireland’s social media feeds, making sure that the communication is commercially relevant and in line with brand guidelines.
You will occasionally be required to travel to trade shows or attend networking opportunities. You also need to be flexible in terms of working hours.
Key Attributes and Qualifications for the Role
- A confident and articulate communicator, a people-person who takes accountability for their sales targets and owns the numbers
- Proven and demonstrable sales and/or business development experience
- Enthusiastic, smart and well-presented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Proven experience working with social media – specifically LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- Ability to prioritise and remain calm under pressure
- Extremely good communication and customer service skills
- A self-starter who enjoys the challenge of a demanding and varied work flow
- Flexible in terms of working hours and prepared to travel to meetings, hold interviews and roadshows whenever necessary
Desired Skills and Experience
- Travel industry sales, franchise sales and/or recruitment industry experience would be an advantage
- Previous fares and ticketing experience would be an advantage
- This is a full-time position
- Salary negotiable dependent on experience
About the Company
Travel Counsellors Ireland is based in Cork and is part of a global award-winning travel company that prides itself on the highest level of personal service it provides to its customers via a network of 1,350 professional Travel Counsellor franchisees in seven countries around the world.
Travel Counsellors are supported by over 250 professional support colleagues in head office, who all share a common sense of purpose to do the right thing by customers and by each other.
The business is based on high-level customer retention and referral. Travel Counsellors offer genuine independent travel advice and tailor-made travel itineraries and solutions to meet the exact needs of each and every customer.
The business is commercially successful and has recently secured external investment with Equistone Partners to drive the next stage of the company’s growth.
To apply in confidence for this role, send your CV to email@example.com or call 0818 33 20 03 for more details. All communication will be treated in strict confidence.