San Diego has been listed for its award-winning attractions, museums, hotels, parks and beaches in Trip Advisor’s recently announced 2013 Travelers’ Choice Awards. Six San Diego facilities ranked in the Top 25 in a variety of categories, including Balboa Park named the #5 ‘Top Park in the United States’ and the USS Midway Museum named the #13 ‘Top Museum in the United States’ and the #25 ‘Top Museum in the World’.
“San Diego has always been a popular destination for visitors from around the globe,” said Joe Terzi, President and Chief Executive of the San Diego Tourism Authority. “However, with top placements across diverse categories, from our museums to our hotels and resorts, the Trip Advisor awards confirm that San Diego continues to evolve as a travel destination and is being recognised for more than just our spectacular weather.”
San Diego facilities that received top rankings in individual categories include:
- BalboaPark, often referred to as the Smithsonian of the West, ranked #5 in the ‘Top 25 Parks in theUnited States”.
- Picturesque La Jolla Cove in the luxurious oceanfront community of La Jolla ranked #8 in the ‘Top 25 Beaches in the United States’.
- The USS Midway Museum, one of the most popular naval aviation museums in the nation, ranked #13 in the ‘Top 25 Museums in the United States’ and #25 in the ‘Top 25 Museums in the World’.
- The Dolphin Motel, located in picturesque Point Loma just minutes from the San Diego International Airport and downtown San Diego, ranked #18 in the ‘Top 25 Bargain Hotels in theUnited States’.
- SeaWorld San Diego, a 189-acre park on Mission Bay with major shows, fascinating attractions and dozens of exhibits containing marine life from around the globe, ranked #19 in the ‘Top 25 Amusement Parks in theUnited States’.
- The Grand Del Mar, San Diego’s premier resort destination combining old-world charm of a Mediterranean estate with modern luxury, ranked #19 in the ‘Top 25 Hotels in the United States’.