“The advantages and benefits of upselling are commonly known to travel agents, most of whom offer add-ons with every sale – car hire, airport transfers, hotels or hotel upgrades are often added to holidays without a second thought,” says Annabel Cove, Business Development Manager with DoSomethingDifferent.com. “However, some agents are missing a key opportunity by not offering experiences to their customers – and selling additional tickets can reap great rewards!
- INCREASE YOUR COMMISSION – our average booking is €800 for tickets alone
- IMPROVE YOUR MARGINS and bottom line
- AVOID your customers’ disappointment – popular tours and attractions sell out fast, so pre-book and GUARANTEE THE SPACE
- Enjoy higher levels of REPEAT BUSINESS
- SAVE YOUR CUSTOMERS MONEY – our rates are specially negotiated by DoSomethingDifferent.com and are only available in Ireland before departure
“We listen to our agent partners and understand the obstacles that agents face when selling add-ons, including:
- Your client doesn’t know when they would like to take the tour while they are on holiday
- What happens if they want to cancel or change the date?
- They haven’t budgeted for additional deposits over and above the flights and hotel
- Will it be cheaper when they get to the resort?
“Despite our shared clients’ hesitations to book in advance, independent research shows that if they don’t pre-book their favoured holiday experiences before they go, they are not very likely to book them when they get there either. That’s why we have worked hard to provide agents with a complete armoury of tools necessary to help you to increase your business in the sale of ancillaries, including:
- NO DEPOSITS
- FREE cancellation
- TOTAL FLEXIBILITY – amend dates or change names, completely hassle -free
- PRINCIPAL STATUS – assuring complete peace of mind for agents and their customers. The hotly debated subject of the principal status could cover a whole blog post in itself but, suffice to say, our agents have complete peace of mind when pre-booking any of our tickets, experiences and tours.
“Many agents have still to fully tap into this lucrative market. After all, is it the flight that makes a holiday memorable? Probably not. A rental car? Unlikely. The hotel your clients stay in? Possibly.
“At DoSomethingDifferent.com we want to make selling the experience a talking point rather than just a transaction. We offer a mind-boggling range of experiences, including city tours in Washington DC, a closer look at Chichen Itza, dog sledding in Whistler, and even a trance and monkey dance experience in Bali. We believe it is more likely that what your customers do on holiday will be what makes it a memorable experience – and keep them coming back for more!”