The advantages and benefits of up-selling are commonly known to retailers, most of whom offer add-ons with every sale – car hire, airport hotels or hotel upgrades are often added to holidays without a second thought. However, some agents are missing a key opportunity by not offering experiences to their customers – and selling additional tickets can reap great rewards!
- INCREASE YOUR COMMISSION – our average booking is €800 for tickets alone
- IMPROVE YOUR MARGINS and bottom line
- AVOID your customers’ disappointment – popular tours and attractions sell out fast, so pre-book and GUARANTEE THE SPACE
- Enjoy higher levels of REPEAT BUSINESS
- SAVE YOUR CUSTOMERS MONEY – our rates are specially negotiated by DSD and are only available before departure
We listen to our agent partners and understand the obstacles that agents face when selling add-ons:
1. Your client doesn’t know when they would like to take the tour while they are on their holiday .
2. What happens if they want to cancel or change the date?
3. They haven’t budgeted for additional deposits over and above the flights and hotel .
4. Will it be cheaper when they get to the resort?
Despite our shared clients’ hesitations to book in advance, independent research shows that if they don’t pre-book their favoured holiday experience before they go, they’re not very likely to book them when they get there either. That’s why we have worked hard to provide agents with a complete armoury of tools necessary to help them to increase their business in the sale of ancillaries:
- NO DEPOSITS
- FREE Cancellation
- TOTAL Flexibility – amend dates, change names, completely hassle free
- PRINCIPAL STATUS – assuring agents and their customers complete peace of mind
The hotly debated subject of the principal status could cover a whole blog post in itself, but suffice to say, our agents have complete peace of mind when pre-booking any of our tickets, experiences and tours.
So many agents have still to fully tap into this lucrative market. After all, is it the flight that makes a holiday memorable for your client? Probably not. The rental car? Unlikely. The hotel they stay in? Possibly.
At DSD we want to make selling the experience a talking point rather than just a transaction. We offer a mind boggling range of experiences, including city tours in Washington DC, a closer look at Chichen Itza, dog sledding in Whistler, and even a trance and monkey dance experience in Bali.
We believe it’s more likely that what your customers do on holiday will be what makes it a memorable experience – and keep them coming back to you for more!