Shannon O’Dowd is leaving The Travel Corporation to take up the position of Sales Executive with Etihad Airways. Sharon Jordan, Country Manager of TTC, said: “Shannon was such a dedicated, passionate worker and a great member of our team and she will be sorely missed. I wish her the very best of luck for the future and continued success in her new role.”
The Travel Corporation is now recruiting for the full-time position of Sales Representative, reporting to the Country Manager, with a closing date for applications of 14th February 2014.
The Travel Corporation is based on Merrion Square, Dublin 2. The role requires the successful applicant to work primarily on the road, with one office day per week. You must possess a strong sales focus, great work ethic and have a self-starter attitude. Ideally TTC is looking for a hard worker with a friendly, ambitious, creative and passionate attitude. You must be able to work well within a small team and have the ability to build and maintain relationships. It is also important to work well under pressure, multi task and work with short lead times. Evening, weekend, overnight stays and overseas travel is required from time to time.
- To proactively develop and manage the Irish operation, including working on all travel accounts with key decision makers located throughout the island of Ireland
- Effective account penetration at national level in order to increase sales, with a main focus of continuing to grow all Travel Corporation brands at trade and consumer level
- Develop and increase existing relationships within the managed accounts base
- Source new potential accounts and increase market share in existing accounts
- To increase and convert opportunities for the brand, covering meetings, events and trainings
- To position The Travel Corporation and its unique award-winning brands as a market leader in the travel industry
- Set up, design and work at consumer shows and events
- Attend and work at travel trade conferences and roadshows
- Report preparation and strategy
- Attend TTC’s Global Conference
- Presenting, training and conducting webinars to agents and consumers
- Create new business opportunities for all Travel Corporation brands
The ideal candidate will possess a full clean driving licence, be fluent in written and spoken English, and have a minimum of three years’ sales experience working in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, email your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com