The Irish Travel Industry Christmas Party also saw Blackrock, Co Dublin, based travel agency Sunway Travel again voted ‘Ireland’s Favourite Travel Agent’ in the award scheme organised by ‘Irish Travel Trade News’. The voting was launched by host Ryan Tubridy on RTÉ’s The Late Late Show on 21st October. Votes were cast online by the travelling public all over Ireland and nominations were independently audited by Grant Thornton.
Tanya Airey, Managing Director of Sunway Travel, was present to receive the prize of a trip for two to Thailand, courtesy of the Tourism Authority of Thailand and Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas, and comprising:
- Flights for two from Dublin, including international and Thai domestic flights, all taxes, and airport transfers in Thailand.
- Five nights B+B accommodation at the Anantara Sathorn Hotel in Bangkok. Located in the very heart of Bangkok’s central business district, this new 37-storey property offers 425 spacious studios, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites in two ultra modern towers commanding sweeping views of the city. All rooms offer contemporary Thai decor with a warm residential feel. With good access to the Sky Train, the Anantara Sathorn makes for an ideal base to explore all that Bangkok has to offer.
- Five nights B+B accommodation at the Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa on Koh Samui. Taking its name from the magnificent beach it occupies, this luxury property offers a wide variety of choice from its portfolio of 82 rooms, 18 Anantara suites, 6 Royal Anantara suites and 20 brand new and exclusive suites and pool villas in a tranquil corner of this Thai village-style resort.
The Late Late Show Phone-in Prize
A phone-in competition was held during The Late Late Show and one lucky viewer won the following 11-night once-in-a-lifetime holiday for two in Thailand:
- Return flights for two from Dublin to Bangkok and internal flights as required, including taxes.
- Airport transfers in Thailand
- 3 nights B+B accommodation at the Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa
- Half-day private tour of the Royal Grand Palace and Wat Phra Keo (Temple of the Emerald Buddha)
- Half-day private tour of the Klongs (Canals), Chao Phraya (River of Kings) and Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn)
- 3-day / 2-night Anantara Cruise aboard the Manohra Song, a lavishly converted 100-year-old rice barge
- 6 nights B+B accommodation at the Anantara Rasananda Resort & Spa on the tropical paradise island of Ko Phangan
- Full-day tour by big boat of Angthong National Marine Park, Mae Koh Island, and Wau Ta Lab Island
- €5,000 spending money!
Consumer Voter’s Prize
Every member of the public who made a nomination was also eligible to win a prize of a 10-night, two-centre holiday for two in Thailand, courtesy of Irish Travel Trade News, the Tourism Authority of Thailand, and Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas. The winner was selected by computer from all the votes submitted to independent auditor Grant Thornton and the prize comprised:
- Flights for two from Dublin to Bangkok, and Thai domestic flights, all taxes, and airport transfers in Thailand
- 5 nights B+B accommodation at the Anantara Baan Rajprasong in Bangkok. This property, located just 100 metres from the Skytrain station, offers magnificent views of the city from 97 spacious one- and two-bedroom suites, each with a private balcony and separate living and dining areas.
- 5 nights B+B accommodation at the Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa on Koh Samui. This secret hideaway, at the north end of famous Chaweng Beach, is only 6 kilometres from Samui International Airport and just a few minutes walk from the buzzing nightlife, shopping and dining scene that is Chaweng.