Have you been on a familiarisation trip or travel trade prize trip since 1st January 2012 – or are you going on one before 29th November 2013? Then write about your experience and you could win one of five €100 monthly prizes and the overall prize of €1,000!
Irish Travel Trade News, in partnership with Travel Counsellors Ireland, invites you to ‘Love Travel – Be Inspired’ and to enter the inaugural Budding Travel Writer of the Year competition.
Over the next five months, a winner will be selected each month and a prize of a €100 One4all voucher presented. All five winners will be invited as a guest to the 22nd Irish Travel Trade Awards and Christmas Party to be held at the Burlington Hotel in Dublin on Wednesday 11th December 2013. At this event, one overall winner will be announced and presented with the 2013 Budding Travel Writer of the Year Award and a cash prize of €1,000.
Details and rules of the competition are below and on www.ittn.ie – and the earlier you submit your entry, the more chances you have of winning.
So ‘Love Travel – Be Inspired’ – and start writing!
1. Each entrant must have participated, or be due to participate, in a familiarisation trip ex-Ireland (North or South) between 1st January 2012 and 29thNovember 2013. For the purposes of this competition, ‘a fam trip’ includes any trip won as a prize at a travel trade event in Ireland. Confirmation of the entrant’s fam trip participation or prize win may be sought from the relevant supplier.
2. They must currently be employed by a tour operator or travel agency in Ireland, but not necessarily the same company that they were employed by at the time of the fam trip. Travel Counsellors are not eligible to enter the competition.
3. More than one entry may be submitted if an entrant has participated in more than one fam trip during the above period.
4. Each entry must comprise up to a maximum of 500 words of text and captioned photos (minimum one, maximum four).
5. The competition opens at 9.00am on Monday 8th July 2013 and closes at midnight on Friday 29th November 2013. Only individual travel employees are eligible to enter.
6. Entries must be submitted by email, with the author’s name, job title and company, to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries are deemed to be the property of Irish Travel Trade News and as such can be featured in any of ITTN’s online or offline publications without recompense to the writer.
7. All entries will be adjudicated by an independent panel of judges representing Irish Travel Trade News and Travel Counsellors and one monthly winner will be selected for July, August, September, October and November 2013 from the entries received. All entries submitted from 8th July up to the end of each month will be eligible.
8. Each monthly winner will be notified by the 5th of the following month. They will receive a prize of a €100 One4all gift voucher and will be invited as a guest to the 22nd Irish Travel Trade Awards to be held at the Burlington Hotel, Dublin, on Wednesday 11th December 2013.
9. One of the five monthly winners will be selected as the overall winner and will be presented at the above event with the 2013 Budding Travel Writer of the Year Award and a cash prize of €1,000.
10. No correspondence will be entered into in relation to any entry submitted and the judges’ decisions will be final.
11. The copyright of all entries submitted will be owned by Belgrave Group Ltd, the publisher of Irish Travel Trade News.
12. The 2013 Budding Travel Writer of the Year competition is sponsored by Travel Counsellors Ireland Ltd.