Virgin Australia has launched Business Class on most domestic routes across the country, giving travellers in Australia choice in Business Class for the first time in over a decade. The offering includes new premium cabins with luxury leather seating and generous recline, a gourmet food and beverage service, as well as complimentary access to Virgin Australia’s lounges and priority security screening, check-in and boarding.
Liz Savage, Virgin Australia Group Executive of Commercial, said: “Last year we announced our commitment to bringing competition to Business Class travel in Australia and today we have done just that, ahead of the return of business travellers in February. We are offering a premium product at very competitive prices, starting from as little as $429 one way from Sydney to the Gold Coast and $529 one way from Sydney to Melbourne.
“We have also led the field in Australia by introducing priority check-in; baggage and boarding and premium lounge entry in Sydney Domestic Terminal 2, which is all part of ensuring a quick and seamless experience for premium guests.
“In the last quarter of 2011, we have had Business Class available on trans-continental services and the feedback from guests has been excellent, demonstrating that the market is readily embracing our move into the domestic Business Class market.”
To celebrate the launch of Business Class, Virgin Australia’s Velocity Frequent Flyer programme is offering its members the opportunity to earn double Velocity Points and Status Credits on all Business Class domestic flights taken with Virgin Australia between 26th January and 29th February 2012.
Virgin Australia also confirmed that Saver fare guests travelling between Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney on Monday to Friday will be offered complimentary beer and wine between 4.00pm and 7.00pm (AEST).
Business Class features include:
- Luxury leather seating with 62” seat pitch on the Airbus A330; and 38” seat pitch on the Boeing 737-800
- Amenity kits along with plush blankets and pillows on three+ hour flights
- Personalised service from a dedicated cabin crew member along with dedicated washroom facilities
- Coat check-in service with complimentary coat bag
- Newspapers until noon daily
- Exclusive Luke Mangan gourmet full-service dining
- Premium Australian wines, beers, and spirit selection
- Priority security screening, boarding and baggage service where available
- Complimentary access to Virgin Australia airport lounges – at Sydney Airport, optional valet parking and direct kerbside access into the lounge via a dedicated security screening point and check-in desk