A recent survey completed by people on Falcon Holidays’ online database and social media showed that 98% of them plan a holiday abroad in 2012 – and two-thirds of those surveyed might take two or more breaks away during the year. The survey results were announced at the launch of Falcon Holidays’ new Summer Sun 2012 second addition brochure.
Nine in 10 holidaymakers said they would choose a Mediterranean sun holiday, with a quarter of those surveyed considering a city break. Other choices included ski holidays and cruises.
At the launch of Falcon Holidays’ Summer Sun 2012 second edition brochure, Head of Ireland Christine Donnelly said: “Our research shows that even in today’s economic climate people still need to take a break from their hectic lifestyles and in 2012 are planning to do exactly that. One factor that is clearly important when deciding to book a holiday abroad is a low deposit – 81% of holidaymakers stated that a low deposit influences their decision and even their holiday choice.
“We have noticed that the seven-day holiday is still favoured by almost half of those asked and once again the most popular destinations are in the Mediterranean, where resorts have always offered excellent value for money – which holidaymakers take into account when they budget for their annual summer break.
“Another encouraging result from our research is that more than 60% of people still rate the holiday brochure as important or essential in planning and booking their break, so today is a very important launch for us.
“The New Year is traditionally a very busy booking period for us and we anticipate a brisk start to sales in January and as predicted the survey confirmed that booking in advance is favoured by the majority of those planning a break. To make this easier and more affordable for customers we are offering a low deposit of €75 per person and, as always, we have a range of early booking offers available for holidaymakers booking before 14th February 2012.”
Summer Sun 2012
Falcon’s new Summer Sun 2012 second edition brochure offers holidaymakers a wide choice of resorts and accommodation to suit all types of customer and, importantly, all budgets with adult prices from €289, child prices from €119, and family prices from €999. The brochure contains Falcon’s popular Holiday Villages, as well as new SplashWorld Resorts, Soccer and Swim academies, free exclusive Falcon Kids’ Clubs and more. Upgrades from self-catering to all-inclusive are also available from €24 a day per person.
– Free child places – guaranteed in selected accommodation throughout the summer season if booked before 14th February 14
– Free child places – available in selected apartments and hotels throughout the summer season on a first come, first served basis
– Free room and board upgrades – at selected accommodation if booked by 14th February 2012
– Free places for grandparents (limited), and free places for groups (available on selected dates)
– £120 discount per couple at selected accommodations – book by 14th February 2012
– One-parent family savings – first and second child discounts with only one full-fare paying passenger at selected apartments
– Reduced booking deposit of €75pp to help holidaymakers secure their holiday early
– Falcon’s unique two-way guarantee – assures holidaymakers of the lowest prices as well as added flexibility when booking (conditions apply)
– Lowest price – if within 14 days of booking with Falcon, a customer finds a cheaper identical holiday from another Irish tour operator’s brochure, Falcon will match the reduced price with a further €10 off per booking, or refund the money paid
– Holiday flexibility – change your departure date, duration length, destination or accommodation free of charge up to 10 weeks before departure, conditional on same number of people travelling and no reduction in holiday value
– Nine exclusive Falcon Holiday villages in Majorca, Menorca*, Lanzarote, Tenerife*, Cyprus, Costa del Sol, Turkey, Sharm el Sheikh and the Algarve (*departing from Belfast). Each village is specially designed with families in mind offering a range of live shows, entertainment and activities with its own bars, restaurants and lagoon-style swimming pools
– Available in holiday villages – pre-bookable professional soccer coaching schools, stage schools, and swimming lessons for kids in resort (charges apply). Activity with specialists in active leisure In2action – allowing adults and kids (over 6 years) to take part in exciting sports such as climbing, abseiling and kayaking. Activities vary at each Holiday Village.
– Free exclusive Falcon Kids’ Clubs where children (from 3-11 years, or 3-15 years in Holiday Villages) can have fun, learn new skills and make friends, allowing parents to relax knowing that their children are well taken care of by professionally trained and qualified staff.
– 13 SplashWorld resorts that offer customers free unlimited access to waterparks
– Pre-bookable crèche, baby packs and kids buggies (available in all Holiday Villages, charges apply).